Friday, February 11, 2011

Poetic Encouragement

I have been really been into writing poetr in these past few weeks, and it has become a way for me to really get my feelings and thoughts down (other than this blog of course). Tonight I wrote one because I needed a real reminder of how my Father looks at me. I was in a place where I, and a few of my friends as well, just needed to be reminded that we are beatuiful and worthy, whether that boy likes us or not ;). This is that poem...

Like a single shell laying in the sand, being caressed by the waves; you are unique.
Like a pearl enclosed in a protective shell; you are valuable.
Like the first rays of the sun peaking through the clouds aand gentling warming the skin; you are appreciated.
Like the moment after the 'I Do' when the newlyweds lips finally meet, you are anticipated.
Like a best friend's listening ears, harty laugh, warm embrace; you are irreplaceable.
Like the masterpiece bringing a smile to the painter's face; you are adored.
Like the new life bundled up in the arms of a mother, you are beautiful.
Like a child who's Father gave up everything for; you are loved.
Like a gift bestowed upon the world; you are you.

I hope that this encourages you and helps you to remember that God does not make mistakes and He does not make trash. He only makes reflections of Himself.

BB

No comments:

Post a Comment