Thursday, December 9, 2010

Why I chose to not to choose Tumblr

Since I have informed people of my new found blogging passion, the only response I get is "You should have gotten a Tumblr". What they do realize is that I do in fact have a Tumblr, I just never go on it and have not posted anything (I just take up a user name and password on the site). Its not that I have anything against this increasingly popular website, its just that I realized that although I conformed to the idea of blogging, I do not want to completely convert to a Tumblr. 

From what I know of Tumblr (and my friends who have it) it is as, if not more addicting, than Facebook. due to the fact that FB already controls a majority of my free time, I just cant risk becoming addicted to yet another social networking website. (I also have a Twitter and a FormSpring). I do need to have some free time to read my Bible, get homework done and keep up with my TV shows (mostly Criminal Minds since Glee is on hiatus). I simply cannot commit to another website. It will already be a challenge balancing a blog in the mix, but due to lack of popularity and the fact that people cannot comment, like or message me about this I think I will be able to handle.

So to all my friends trying to get me to the Tumblr side of blogging I say this, I enjoy and little know blog and the fact that it takes so much effort to find and that it is not easily accessible means that any followers I get are going to be much more meaningful.
That's all for now!
BB

No comments:

Post a Comment